The quickest & tastiest sugar cookie frosting recipe! You can change the flavor by adding different flavored extracts, or color with food coloring. I usually like to use a piping squeeze bottle, like these. I keep extras on hand because I have been known to forget to clean the frosting out!
Sugar Cookie Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 3 cups powdered sugar add more if frosting is too thin
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream add more if frosting is too thick
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract you can use almond or another flavor also
- a pinch of sea salt add more to taste
In a stand mixer or hand held mixer, beat butter until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
Add powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time. Mix until well combined. Use a spatula to clean edges of the mixing bowl to make sure all powdered sugar is mixed together.
Next add in the heavy whipping cream, vanilla & salt. Mix well. This is when you can add in more powdered sugar if the frosting is too thin, or add in more heavy cream if the frosting is too thick. Add in food coloring if you want colored frosting.
Add frosting to a piping bag or bottle, or spread onto cookies & frost!